Monday, August 15, 2011

Twas the night before school starts...

Noah's been in bed since 8:15 PM.  His clothes are all laid out so tomorrow morning we can get up, get ready and get going without me thinking much about it.  Kind of like how it has been all summer.  I love routine and schedules and new school supplies and all but I also love the carefree days of summer where Noah rolls out of bed two minutes before we need to walk out the door, throws on a clean tee shirt, gym shorts, flip flops and meets me at the door.  When school is in session it is not just getting dressed, but socks and tennis shoes, the book bag, packed lunch etc etc.  But little man is excited about 1st grade so I am excited as well.  Crossing my fingers this excitement is still going on in a few weeks (a few months) too.  He told me tonight he can't wait to do homework and take spelling tests.  I bet that will change!  HA!

On a totally different noteI got a brazilian blowout on my hair.  I cannot tell you how much it has changed my morning routine.  Twenty minutes more everyday I have back!  Heck yeah, I will take it.  If you have unruly hair like I did, I highly recommend it.  You can thank me later!!! 

Have fun kiddos tomorrow!  And smile pretty when your mommas want to take that 1st day of school picture!  You will be glad you did someday!!!   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment