Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree...

John went to an auction on Saturday and took Noah with him.  I meanwhile got a massage and ran into work for a few hours.  While at work, I got a phone call from John- NEVER a good sign when he's been at an auction!  Seems like Noah worked his magical powers over John-and by magical powers I mean it probably went down something like this:   Hey Dad, check out that cool riding lawn mower with no mower deck that we don't even know that runs.  Will you bid on it? John: Yes son, of course I will.   John is a pleaser and Noah is a smart cookie and knows this.  And that is how we, a term I use loosely because it's really John and Noah, became the owners of a riding mower with no mower deck that luckily DOES run.  It belongs to my six year old because I guess that Cub Cadet battery operated job we spent hundreds of dollars on a couple years ago just doesn't cut the mustard anymore.

Noah told me last night while he clearing the table from dinner that he is going to use this for LOTS of things.  I asked him, like what?  And then he looked at me blankly like I was perhaps the dumbest momma on the face of the earth.  Like taking the Cub Cadet trailer and hooking it up and helping you when you work out in the yard.  I need to make some money so when I turn 16 and buy Uncle Wally's big truck I can put a new engine in it.  I think I will charge you $20 a timeUmm, excuse me?  You expect your parents who paid for this to now say, hey kid I'll give you $20 for helping clean up our yard. Sorry bud-your dad may be a sucker, but momma knows better.   Besides I don't pay to do things you are EXPECTED to help with.  So then he told me he would use it to make lots of money and I won't have to pay for him a truck when he is old enough to drive.  And that my friends I think I want in writing!!!

In other exciting news we are thinking of having our entire house interior painted (with the exception of the dining room and guest bath which we did after we moved in five years ago).  I have spent hours (literally) late into the night pouring over home magazines and paint chip samples and believe a trip to get some sample colors may be needed this weekend.  I learned the hard way once upon a time that what looks good on a paint chip is not the same on my walls.  John is your basic white wall kind of guy so introducing him to Ashes and Poppy Seed for a wall in our bedroom isn't going to be easy.  But I think a little persuasion should work.  Then again I could just send Noah to do it for me.  :)  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment