Thursday, August 18, 2011

Deer Hunting, Fishing and Beauty Bootcamp--which one of these aren't like the other?

John has decided to go deer hunting this year.  And I am thinking of going with him. 
My sister and sister in law are both hunters who don camo and get up at the crack of dawn to follow their menfolk into the woods and for years I have laughed at their endeavors.   But this year I may follow in their footsteps.  I even caught myself checking out a deer stand at Rural King this past Sunday when we stopped in.  I have found myself excited looking at the Cabela's catalog and think we need a food plot and trail cam.  My goodness, what is wrong with me?  I'll keep you posted as the time draws near if I decide to go.  With my luck I would have a nice big buck approach and be shaking so much from nervousness, shoot my own foot. Graceful isn't exactly word I would use to describe myself...

One sport I do love is fishing.  I guess fishing is a sport, although I am not sure about the amount of athleticism that is involved.  But I am old school and still believe the best way to catch a fish is via cane pole.  A lot of my favorite memories with my Grandpa Linnertz was going to Randolph or Washington County Lake and fishing with liver on a cane pole and always catching a fish.  And I was lucky the one time Noah and Great Grandpa got to go fishing together I had the camera along:
Great Grandma & Grandpa Linnertz with Noah @ Krause Lake 08/09
In re-doing Noah's bedroom coming up, I am blowing this pic up for him. 

Onto Beauty Bootcamp.  My sister in law sent me a message yesterday about Studio J in Waterloo hosting an event to raise money for the Robert Mathews Foundation for Families in Need in Monroe County.  The message stated:

If you've ever wanted to recreate that perfect blowout or smoky eye at home but didn't know the first thing about it, this is the place to be! Our professionals will walk you through all your challenges with skin, hair, makeup and nails. There will be free drawings, refreshments and discounts.
SIGN ME UP!!!!
Yes to all the above.  First, GIRLS NITE.  Second, SMOKY EYE.  I try, and try, and try again to do the smoky eye and most of the time look like some sort of Halloween/Drag Queen gone wrong.  And that is no joke.  I know it is limited to just 24 participants, so if you are interested, call Studio J in Waterloo 939-3661.  Have fun while helping a great cause!!!!
Speaking of Girls Nite, I am meeting some of my girlfriends tomorrow evening for happy hour and couldn't be more excited!  You need good  GREAT girlfriends.  I have some of the best and know how lucky I am.  Maybe I can talk them into switching our upcoming Girls Weekend in Kansas City for a hunting expedition or fishing excursion.  Hmmm, wonder what they would think of that?!?!  Guess I better stick with getting them to join us at Beauty Bootcamp.  Seems like a safer bet!

No comments:

Post a Comment